Sunday, August 14, 2011

Valentines

First off I have to explain that Morgan has flower and fairy stencils in her room that she has decided to move around. I told her she couldn't, but that we could get some for her that she could. She took that to mean make them! Saturday morning she bombarded Jim and me with her idea that she had to make 'utensils' out of paper and she needed: paper, crayons, scisors and tape! She then proceded to cut out a star shape, color it then stuck it to my door. We had absolutely no idea what she meant, it was hours before we realized she meant 'stencils'. 

She also spent Friday and Saturday talking about Valentines and neither Jim or I could figure out what she was talking about. She moved two of the stencils from her room to my bedroom door.

What we have finally pieced together is that she remembers Valentines day as a day to give cards to make people feel good - Mom is REALLY sad, therefore she needs lots of Valentines on her door.


So in her three-year-old mind she is trying to help mom feel better!

 It's working!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweetheart! I love watching empathy grow in little people. xo

    ReplyDelete