Thursday, July 22, 2010

Girl Camp

It amazes me how fast this summer is going and how many great adventures we have had. July 8, 9 & 10 friends from near and far gathered around horses for a weekend of riding, hiking and heat!
Thank you Becky and Russ Tweiten for generously allowing us to 'camp-out' at the barn.
We hiked in the Sand Hills National Grasslands. We started out around 10AM and it must have already been hi 80 degrees. But all the girls were troopers hiking and playing!
Who says North Dakota is flat and boring. The pictures don't do the hills or the sky justice. We will definately be going back for more hiking!
I don't have any riding pics - mainly because by the time I got around to taking pics the girls (any many of the women) were stripped down to bare skin or skivies. By late afternoon we were melting in the shade and suffering high 90degree + high humidity. The girls had found the hose and were playing in the water. If others in the group share their pics with me I will gladly post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment