
Our new favorite music? Rhythm? Percussion?
Taiko Drumming!
Fargo/Moorhead is such an interesting place so narrowminded politacally but so diverse and supportive of the Arts. Concordia and MSUM (MN State U @ Moorhead) are world reknown for their music programs; Concordia obviously for their singing and MSUM for Jazz and percussion! Last Saturday MSUM presented to workshops 1. Bharanatanatyam - Ragamala Dance: traditional Indian dance and 2. Taiko Drumming with Art Lee and the Tokara Ensamble.
Morgan and I joined Elizabeth and Julia again for yet another cultural event! We started with the dancing thinking the girls would enjoy it. Elizabeth and I got a work out but the girls swept the floor with their tummies. So we headed over to the drumming. At first it was disappointing because we had missed the opening performance and the drummers were just lecturing. Bless Morgan's little heart - she sat through 30 minutes of adult questions. But in the end they performed again. I was concerned that Morgan would be frightened by the sound so I covered her ears. A little into the performance she pushed my hands away and say mezmerized.
No comments:
Post a Comment