Saturday, April 10, 2010

Morgan's 1st Powwow

While Jim motored back to the cities to pick up his new (old) motorcycle, Morgan and I had fun with our friends Julia and Elizabeth (and later Jason). I prepped Morgan before going into the stadium that it might be very loud and she would be OK and that she would hear lots of music and see pretty dancers. When the Grand Entry finally started Morgan was transfixed! Whe was clinging to me but not in fear, it was like she was trying to climb up me to get higher and higher. This afternoon when Jim gat back and Morgan was up from her nap she was able to tell Jim that she had gone to the Powwow and seen dancing.

These are some clips - the last one with the little guy is wonderful. It amazed me how the very young children ran in and out of the dance so secure in their surroundings and not frightened of where mom or dad were.






This is the little guy dancing. He was stopped by 2 Asain tourists to take pictures with; when they were done the little one demanded to see the pictures. And all was done with no spoken English!





1 comment:

  1. Kristin, this is *so* cool! Such a neat opportunity at such a young age. I love it! I thought about you and Morgan a lot this weekend because Kjerstin has started making a silly face with her lips/mouth that reminds me of Morgan in the Spring Fun and Nap Time Sillies posts.

    ReplyDelete