



The last few weeks she's been a horrendous crank - last Tuesday Jim picked her up fram Pam's and she started crying right away saying mama needed to pick her up (I had conferences). I guess she sobbed from the time Jim got her at 4 until I got home at 6:30. Jim was at his wits ends. We never see it while we're in it, but she gets really cranky (for days/weeks) and then makes a developmental leap. This weekend she's been a JOY - and a major communicator! In the beginning when she was signing her brain made the, almost Pavlovian, connection that signs equaled what she wanted. Now she's made the connection that her words have signs. She came running in the other day signing, and yelling, milk. It was like she'd never seen the sign before (when it was the second sign she ever used); her eyes were wide and shinning, and she was so excited to use it. I was able to sign, with no speaking, "Morgan, milk want you? (ASL syntax structure)" her vocal response, "No, I watch Si-Ti" and off she charged. Her spoken language is is really taking off in terms of conversation. She is able to ask questions, listen to responses and then respond back. In other terms she is learning to stay on topic and turn take! Amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment